Sunday, April 1, 2007

A New Chapter in my Life







So March past by without a single blog entry. March was a very stressful and hectic month and quite life changing. Today is my 36th birthday and I cannot quite believe it if my friend Lisa Marie had not gotten me number 3 and 6 candles for my birthday cake.

So I have worked with my friend Lisa Marie for the past 10 years for the same company and she is leaving to work for another company. It will be a large change - no more accidental meetings on the Hardy Toll Road in the mornings, McDonald breakfast runs when we were pregnany at the same time, breakfast taco in the company cafeteria, lunches (esp the Indian restaurant), runs to HEB for her refill of sour jelly belly, miscellaneous cake events, vent sessions, and our coordinated journeys back home. This is a picture of our last journey home from work together - probably not the safest thing to do on the road...

We will still see each other but just not the convenience of every day. Now I know how my friend Diana felt when myself and two friends all left her at my previous company. I will now have more time to blog now that I will probably be eating in my office Lean Cuisines during lunch.
My boy has been growing up. Now fully indoctrined in the toddler bed and doing well except for some nights not staying in the bed when initially going to sleep. He is counting like a champ to 10 - the Bumblebee videos work so well. He loves the counting ones, Opposites, and Motorized Madness. His favorite things right now is Basketball (shoot!), the park, the library, and bulldozers (scoops!). He is in heaven when David takes him to the park (2nd time in one day) and they walk by construction until they leave. The only problem that I have is that I cannot find shoes for his rather large feet - 7 WW. Stride Rite just doesn't keep that much in stock so I guess we will have to start internet shopping.

Great News! In July/August, I will have a niece who I can spoil unmercifully... Little girl clothes are much more fun than boys!




1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Now you're making me feel bad.

We can still see each other every day. I'll wave as I pass you headed the other direction on 59 in the mornings. Or you could just follow me to my new office...