So my boy, 20 months old, this past week has been quite busy. He has flirted with trying to climb out of the crib since last Thanksgiving by putting his foot up on the crib rail like he is doing ballet stretches but never quite having enough upper body strength to pull himself up and over.
Well those days are over. I had put him down for a nap this past Sunday and then 5 minutes later I hear him cry like I rarely hear. I run to his room, but I cannot get in because his closet door is up against his room door and something is up against the closet door. Logan's room has a sunroom connected to it so I go through the sunroom expecting to see him in his crib and he is on the floor with his feet up against the closet door. You just feel like everything is going in slow motion until you can pick him up. I pick him up and after three-four pats, he stops crying. No bruises, nothing broken.
So we now will be transitioning him to the toddler bed. But first we will have to fully baby proof his room. I have to move his bookcase out because I could bolt it to the wall but I think I am more worried that he will fall when he tries to climb it. Of course I am not going to say IF he tries to climb it since he just has the drive to climb EVERYTHING. I thought the first born was suppose to be cautious, more reserve. He also has learned to open doors by turning the knob. Not sure how he figured that one out at the same time so we will be buying door knob covers this weekend too.
On Monday not even 24 hours later, he clocked both the nanny in the morning and daddy in the evening in the mouth with a plastic Chevron car quite hard that both are needing dentist visits possibly. Told him to go to time out. He immediately kissed Vicky on the cheek to say sorry but he would not go to Daddy so he got to go back to time out.
My friend Catherine who already has two girls is about to have her third child which is a boy. I told her to get PLENTY of rest because boys are totally different than girls!
My boy is growing up too fast...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Logan cracks me up! Get him one of those beds that looks like a race car. It totally fits his devil-may-care image.
I look forward to next month's post.
Or you might try a crib tent rather than a toddler bed. They are pretty secure and might be easier than a toddler bed right now. Can he open his door and let himself out? Cause if so, that's another barrel of monkeys right there. Clara climbed out of her crib at about 27 months (this was when she could do it consistently and not just randomly) and we kept her in the crib for three more months. However, the first instance of "mama" at 2am by my bedside and the lock on the outside of the door went on. And it hasn't come off yet!
Oh yay! A post! Did you catch the note of sarcasm in Vito's note about looking forward to next month's post? You sure showed him who's boss with back-to-back posts. Keep it up girl.
Check out the post on Looky Daddy! to see how he kept his twins in their toddler beds:
http://www.lookydaddy.com/weblog/2007/02/responsibility.html
Post a Comment